La Sabina is that fresh, smokey cocktail that has range to brighten up a hot summer’s day and warm the chilliest winter’s night. And since winter is just around the corner—sorry!—we decided to hunt down the creator’s of this versatile drink, the makers of Madre Mezcal.
The first time we sipped this cocktail was at a Miss Grass event in New York. The atmosphere was an absolute dream—beautiful people in a beautiful space, partaking in beautiful activity, eating beautiful food and sipping on beautiful cocktails. But even in that atmosphere, the cocktail was a standout.
It was presented in a traditional agua fresca jar, which was entirely optional and really only made sense because it was a large party. The ingredients were fresh and flavorful and included grilled pineapple, cilantro, jalapeño, lime, a Gusano chile-salt rim, and a Plant People CBD float. And to top it all off, each drink was served in a low ball glass. (Let’s hear it for low ball glasses!)
- 1.5 oz. Madre Mezcal
- 2 oz. crushed pineapple
- .5 oz agave syrup
- 1 oz. pineapple juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Jalapeno (sliced)
- Lime juice
- Plant People CBD Drops
- Muddle agave syrup, a little cilantro, a slice of jalapeno, and crushed pineapple in the bottom of your glass.
- Add Madre Mezcal and ice, stir.
- Add pineapple juice, squeeze some lime juice and stir again.
- Garnish with a slice of pineapple and a sprig of cilantro.
- Drizzle Plant People CBD Drops on top of drink and serve.
Want more delicious CBD recipes? Check out this cucumber and tomato salad with labne and CBD olive oil by Chef Gabe Kennedy.