So you’re planning a dinner party. You’ve invited your more intrepid friends and it feels like the right time to take them on a journey. Or, you’re going to someone else’s party and you want to surprise and delight that gang. No matter the occasion, this chocolate bark recipe will score you some major points. The recipe is loaded with antioxidant ingredients like cacao nibs, matcha green tea and sesame seeds.
I always start with a recipe I love and modify it for the infused twist. But beware, dosing when cooking infused foods can be a little complicated. It’s never a one-for-one replacement—so be sure to follow the recipe.
Before getting started, make the coconut oil infusion. You can totally DIY this without the help of special equipment. But if you go that route, give yourself a lot of time. For the quick, no-fuss method definitely equip yourself with the LEVO Oil Infuser.
Get Smashed Chocolate Matcha Bark
- 14 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 7 oz white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup infused coconut oil
- 1 tbsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare a double boiler by placing a medium glass bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Add dark chocolate. Stir often until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour over prepared pan into even single layer, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Stir matcha powder into coconut oil. Place white chocolate and coconut oil mixture in a separate medium glass bowl. Set over simmering pot of water. Stir until completely melted and matcha is mixed through.
- Drizzle matcha chocolate mixture over chocolate. Using a skewer, swirl the chocolates together to make a fun design.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs and sesame seeds over chocolate.
- Let set in refrigerator until completely solid, about 1 hour.
Cannabis Coconut Oil Infusion
- 4.2 grams of decarboxylated cannabis broken into small buds
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- Pack your flower into the herb pod of the LEVO and place in the reservoir.
- Pour coconut oil into the reservoir.
- Set temperature to 160F for 3 hours.
- While oil is still warm, dispense into an airtight jar.
*NOTE: Be sure to prep your coconut oil infusion first