Everyone has a friend who’s spectacular at hosting. The majesty of candlelight and rich aromas sweep you away. The good wines flow, creative cocktails abound, and tasty snacks just keep on coming. It’s sheer pleasure.
But then you sit down at this oh-so-perfect dinner party to discover that you’ve just taken a bite of something cannabis-infused. And that sheer pleasure quickly turns to sheer terror.
There’s no denying that edibles intimidate a lot of people. Because so many DIY edibles are done without regard for dose, people on the receiving end have bad experiences. Rather than being excited and curious about edibles, they’re anxious and worried.
That’s fair enough.
The truth is, when infused cooking is done right, it should really feel just like a warm hug—like cooking always feels with a little extra warmth. It should be about enjoyment and nourishment. No one at the dinner table should go hungry because they’re scared to eat a normal portion. No one should be thinking about losing control or being uncomfortable in any way.
I’m on a mission to give edibles a good name—even in the most buttoned-up of settings—and that means I’m responsible for creating really positive experiences. Edibles should never change the vibe of an evening; they should enhance it.
I recommend starting with the bones of a regular recipe and modifying it for a nice infused version. You can certainly DIY an oil infusion without any special equipment. But if you’re busy being an all-star host, the LEVO Oil Infuser—with its temperature and time control—makes the whole process quick and painless.
Let’s get started.
Coconut Cannabliss Energy Balls
Serving: Makes 30 balls
These energy balls are the perfect recipe for people on-the-go. Gluten free and vegan with no added sugar, this snack fits any lifestyle.
- 1 lb (about 2 cups) medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 tbsp organic cocoa powder, divided
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp infused coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor, except 3 tablespoons cocoa powder. Pulse until a smooth paste forms.
- Roll mixture into balls a little smaller than the size of a golf ball. Balls should weigh about 20g each. Place balls on a baking tray.
- Place reserved cocoa powder in a small sieve and shake over balls. Shake the pan to cover all sides of the balls in cocoa powder.
*NOTE: Be sure to prep your coconut oil infusion first
Cannabis Coconut Oil Infusion
- 4.2 grams of decarboxylated cannabis broken into small buds
- 1 cup virgin coconut oil
- Pack your flower into the herb pod of the LEVO and place in the reservoir.
- Pour coconut oil into the reservoir.
- Set temperature to 160F for 3 hours.
- While oil is still warm, dispense into an airtight jar.