Do you remember those classic peanut butter cookies as a kid? Growing up, peanut butter was an entire food category for me—or at least I thought it was. To this day, I’m a big fan. Especially in grown-up style cookie form. This particular gluten-free recipe is made with maca and a hemp and sage infused CBD honey to transform regular junkie cookies into actual super fuel. I eat one for a pre-workout snack or for breakfast on-the-go.
Peanut butter is high in protein and fiber which helps make you feel fuller, longer. Which, in turn, helps push you through those long runs and intense workouts. Maca root is a fave among athletes as a supplement that can increase energy, improve performance and boost mental alertness. It can also help with libido deficiency, reducing depression, balancing hormones and improving circulation. Add infused CBD honey to the mix and you’ve got another superfood—one that helps with anxiety, workout recovery and inflammation.
You won’t feel high after eating these cookies, but you’ll be energized from the maca and the CBD. (You might even feel like you have a super power!) May these cookies bring you back to your childhood and may they fill you with the many healing powers plant.
Peanut Butter + CBD Honey Cookies
Yields 10-12 cookies
- 1 cup raw peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup CBD infused honey
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all dry ingredients into a large bowl, stir.
- Add in all wet ingredients with the dry. Stir until a dough forms.
- Roll into ‘golf-ball size’ balls, flatten onto non-stick baking sheet.
- Take a fork and gently press top of cookie in an over lapping pattern.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Gently remove from baking sheet and store in an air-tight container for up to one week.